SCHEDULE OF THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
“PRESERVE AND PROMOTE THE VALUE OF THEN HERITAGE OF
TÀY, NÙNG AND THÁI PEOPLES IN VIỆT NAM”
4 foreign scholars Prof. Trần Quang Hải ( France), Prof. Barley Norton ( United Kingdom), Prof.Anis Nor (Malaysia) and Prof. Bussakorn Sumrongthong (Thailand) are invited to take part in the international conference of the Then of Tày Nùng Thái peoples in Vietnam from 24 to 27 september 2015.
Prof. TRẦN QUANG HẢI (FRANCE)
Prof. BARLEY NORTON (United Kingdom)
Prof.ANIS NOR (Malaysia)
Prof. Bussakorn Sumrongthong
Time: September 25-26, 2015
Venue: Tuyên Quang city, Tuyên Quang province
1. September 24, 2015
– Delegates are picked up at the airport and checked into Sen Hotel 2,118/26
Nguyễn Khánh Toàn Str., Quan Hoa ward, Cầu Giấy Dist., Hà Nội.
– Delegates take a rest and have repasts booked by Vietnamese Institute for
Musicology at the hotel.
– Mr. Nguyễn Tiến Đạt – a staff of Vietnamese Institute for Musicology is in
charge of the pickup at the airport. Tel: 0987248885.
2. September 25, 2015
Morning (7:00 – 11:30)
– International delegates check out and move to Tuyên Quang (170 km
– Delegates check into the hotel in Tuyên Quang
from Hà Nội to the North)
Delegates gather at the hotel lobby for the pickup and go to Chiêm
Hóa Dist., Tuyên Quang province (70km from the city) to join an
ancient ritual of Then
19:30: Welcome the delegates to the Opening ceremony of the 5th
National festival of Then singing and Tính lute 2015
2. September 26, 2015
Morning and afternoon
8:30-17:00: Conference sessions operated at Tuyên Quang Convention
11h30: Delegates are invited to the banquet by People’s Committee of
Tuyên Quang province
3. September 27, 2015
– 8:00: Delegates check out and go back to Hanoi.
– Delegates of Thailand and Malaysia are taken straight to the airport to
fly back home.
THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Dr. NGUYỄN BÌNH ĐỊNH
Director of the Viện Âm Nhạc (Vietnamese Institute for Musicology)